Skinny Marquise Charm Gold Necklace
Skinny Marquise Charm Gold Necklace
A perfect gift for yourself or BFF, this necklace features a linear silhouette in a marquise shape. Perfect for layering with other necklaces from De Luxe Collecton.
- 16" Long 14k Gold Filled 1.9mm Drawn Flat Cable Chain
- 2.2x13.5mm Gold Filled Skinny Marquise Drop Charm
- 14k Gold Filled Lobster Clasp plus 2" Extender
Why Stainless Steel over Sterling Silver for everyday wear?
Handmade Exclusives from Hannahliya uses Stainless Steel on most spacer beads, clasp, chains & extender chains. Its also the material used for most styles in our Essentials Collection. This a strong material that's durable & rust-resistant. Unlike silver, it will not tarnish and it is not susceptible to scratches, dings or dents.
Stainless Steel contains chromium, this is what make the steel stainless by creating an invisible top layer that prevent oxygen from rusting and otherwise corroding the steel surface.
Your jewelry will not rust or tarnish and it is able to handle much more wear & tear than silver or gold jewelry. It requires much less maintenance, making it functional and reliable for everyday use. In addition, the nickel in stainless steel is tightly bound, ensuring that it won't leak out. This means it is safe for those with metal allergies.
What's the difference between Gold-Filled vs Plated?
Have you ever asked this? If so, you are not alone! Most people are not aware of the differences between these two processes. So, to help, here is a little information.
Every design in the De Luxe Collection is custom made using 14/20 14k Gold Filled or Solid Sterling Silver metals. We choose to work with this particular metal type because we wanted to use a budget-friendly alternative to solid 14K gold. Gold-Filled generally lasts much longer than most electroplated jewelry.
What is Gold-Filled? Gold-filled is a layered gold product. Such layer cannot be worn off like gold plated jewelry will. You can shower, bathe and swim with your favorite necklaces & bracelets from the De Luxe Collection. The product is easy to care for and will maintain its golden shine for a lifetime!
Gold-filled is constructed in two or three layers. The core metal is jewelers’ brass. A gold alloy is then bonded to one or both surfaces of the brass core with heat and pressure. Unlike plated (aka electroplated or "dipped") metals, Gold-filled is legally required to contain 5% or 1/20 gold by weight. This 5% is then described by the karats of the gold alloy. Our Gold-filled items are 14/20 14K Gold-Filled.
So, What is Gold Plate? – Gold plating is a minuscule layer of solid gold applied to a brass base. The plating does not compose any measurable proportion of the products total weight. It is estimated to be 0.05% or less of the metal product. Gold plating will generally eventually wear off and expose the brass base product. It does not stand up to heat, water or wear over time.
(Bonus note: Gold Plate is not to be confused with "Vermeil" (pronounced vehr-MAY), which is a thicker level of gold plating over sterling silver rather than a base metal. To truly qualify as Vermeil, the plating should be a minimum of 2.5 microns thick and always over sterling silver.)
The Difference Between Gold-Filled and Solid Gold
Solid gold is an alloy that is described with the karats of pure gold. Pure gold is 24K. However, it is much too soft to hold its shape or wear well. Therefore, it is mixed or alloyed with other metals to make it harder and easier to work with. Karats refers to the alloy’s purity. For example, 8 karat gold is 8/24 pure gold or 33.3% pure. Gold-filled is not the same as solid gold. It is a layered alternative product. The gold-filled karats refers to the gold layers that compose 5% of the product on the surface.
Care and Cleaning
Gold-filled does not de-laminate or peel like plated or "dipped" products. Nor does it tarnish as readily as silver. Many owners find that they never have to clean gold-filled items at all. However, from time to time your jewelry may become dirty from everyday wear. To clean gold-filled it is best to use mild soap and water. Hot weather and water will not damage the material.
Generally speaking, gold filled is better quality and will have a much longer lasting color than plated jewelry.
About Sterling Silver
What is the difference between sterling silver and pure silver?
Pure silver, also called fine silver, has actual silver content of 99.9% but because of its high purity, fine silver is too soft to use in jewelry making. Its very malleable, and easily damaged. Therefore, it is commonly combined with other metals to make it harder and to produce a more durable product....Sterling Silver.
Sterling silver is a beautiful metal that looks like white gold or platinum. It is composed of 92.5 percent pure silver and 7.5 percent other metals. The 7.5 percent is usually copper; however, different metals can be used in the alloy to improve various properties and create silver that will be perfect. By alloying silver with copper or another metal, silver becomes strong and affordable enough to be of practical use.
How to clean your Sterling Silver
Because sterling silver can tarnish easily, it is a good idea to clean and polish it regularly to maintain its shiny appearance.
When cleaning sterling silver, you want to polish the surface with a soft, cotton cloth. Microfiber cloths like the ones used to clean eye glasses or computer screens are perfect for cleaning sterling silver jewelry pieces; other materials are likely to scratch and damage the surface.
Sterling silver can be polished without special cleaners, but if you choose to use one, be sure to select a cleaning solution that is made specifically for sterling silver to avoid scratches. Warm water mixed with some liquid detergent can also be used, as long as you use a very soft cloth in the washing process.
Keep your silver bright and sparkling!
Shipping & Returns
We ship all orders within 24 Hrs!
Domestic Shipping (US) - Order Total $50 or more enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Domestic Shipping (US) - Order Total $49.99 or less FLAT RATE $8.00
Canada - Order Total $75 or more enjoy FREE SHIPPING
Canada - Order Total $74.99 or less FLAT RATE $12.00
All Other Countries - Rate will be calculated at checkout.
Please note shipping times vary & will be displayed at checkout.
We are happy to accept return of items in there original condition within 14 days of receipt of the item/s.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. ANY ITEM/S PURCHASED ON SALE MAY NOT BE RETURNED. EXCEPTIONS MAY BE MADE FOR ITEMS RECEIVED DAMAGED FROM DOMESTIC SHIPPING.
DUTIES AND TAXES
- When a package is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country. These charges will typically be due once the shipped goods arrive at the country of destination.
- Such charges are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Hannahliya does not have any responsibility on these additional charges that may apply.
- The buyer is responsible for obtaining information regarding their country’s laws, regulations, and restrictions that may apply when purchasing our products. By placing an international order (shipping outside of USA), the buyer is responsible for abiding by their country’s laws, regulations, and restrictions.
- If a product is seized and destroyed by the customs, or returned to the USA, we will NOT be responsible for the losses, product, or shipping refunds. It is the buyer's responsibility to cover the shipping costs when the buyer wishes to have a second delivery attempt after the product is returned to Hannahliya.
Hannahliya does not guarantee at any time a certain delivery date or time frame for delivery outside of the USA for any product or order. Any listed time for a shipping method is an estimate provide by third-party shipping company. For orders with deadlines please order well in advance and we will arrange it for you.
- Hannahliya is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or delayed shipments or damaged freight by the freight carriers after they have been dispatched.
- Hannahliya cannot be held responsible/liable for lost or stolen packages that have delivery confirmation to the address that was provided. The customer accepts full responsibility to file any claim(s) with the carrier for damaged and/or lost shipments.
- Hannahliya is not responsible for mis-delivery errors via carrier, or incorrect shipping information.
Questions about International Shipping Disclaimer should be sent to us at email@example.com